CA Technologies provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and innovation while supporting and developing our talented workforce. CA Technologies empowers its employees to drive success for both the business and themselves.
| Requisition ID: ||
| Job Function: ||
| Country: ||
| City: ||
Vancouver B.C., Canada
| Post Date: || 04/13/2014 |
As Product Manager reporting to the VP Product Management, you will take on an active role in the continuing design and development of our Mobile Access product line, as well as be an integral part of new product development initiatives. Working as part of the larger product development and delivery team at Layer7, you will be responsible for creating and defining release scope and requirements for multiple products over multiple releases, based on both internal requirements and customer defined needs.
This is a permanent position located in Vancouver and may require some North American and overseas travel.
- Collaboratively define and manage release scope in conjunction with Product Management and R & D
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements for new features and product enhancements as required, and capture customer usage scenarios
- Work with cross team functional groups to design use cases, UI mock-ups, and functional specifications for Layer 7 product development
- Create and maintain a prioritized product backlog
- Become well versed in the installation, configuration, and use of Layer 7 products.
- Help champion internal process improvements in the Layer 7 product development and delivery process
Experience and skills
- Background in product management, software development or technical customer support of enterprise software products
- Demonstrated ability to interact with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including customers, partners, Sales, Senior Management and technical resources
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Agile development or similar processes
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to multitask on many simultaneous projects
- Strong sense of ownership and able to complete work with minimal supervision in a team-oriented organization
- Relevant university degree or equivalent post-secondary education
CA Technologies and all of its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate's race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
- Hands on experience or deep technical knowledge of mobility software and client-side mobility development processes and tools
- 2+ years working as a Program Manager/Product Owner in an enterprise or mobility focused software development company
- Completed Pragmatic Marketing certification or similar professional development
- Completed Agile development or Scrum Alliance training or certification
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: CA Technologies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any CA Technologies employee. CA Technologies will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of CA Technologies and will be processed accordingly.